The More You Know,
The More You Can Manage
Rainy Lake Medical Center’s diabetes education services provide the knowledge patients need to achieve their optimal health and wellness while managing this disease. Angela Noyes, Rainy Lake Clinic’s population health nurse, provides information and support to patients needing education or care with their diabetes treatment program.
Call us at 218.283.5503
Questions our diabetes education program can answer:
- What is diabetes?
- How does diabetes affect the body?
- What are A1Cs and what are their proper levels?
- What are signs and symptoms of hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia?
- What concerns could a patient with diabetes experience?
We also provide information on:
- Proper nutrition
- How to read labels
- Portion sizes
- Carbohydrate counting
- Glycemic index
- What to do if blood sugars are low
- Importance of exercise
- Removing perceived barriers of having diabetes
- Administering insulin (if applicable)
- Medications that interact with diabetes
- How to use a glucometer to check blood sugars
- Keeping a blood sugar log and a food journal to track eating habits and how they relate to blood sugar levels
- Setting goals